Thursday, August 27, 2009

a recipe without a picture

it's not *my* recipe -however *I* made it and it was AWESOME! :D

here it is if you feel so daring! ;)

First you'll need to make some dressing:

-bread cubed and dried out (if possible)
-powdered sage
-salt & pepper
-melted butter
-boiling water
-chopped onion

Combine all of these the amounts will vary. This is my never fail {family secret recipe} -I think it's awesome b/c it's simple! ;) Anyway -- so I use about 1/2 a loaf of bread - or you can buy a bag of dried out bread (I think it's for croutons or something) anyway... then the sage for 1/2 a loaf maybe like a tablespoon or so you'll see if it needs more. Salt & pepper like a 1/2 teaspoon or so... and if you like onion you can use an entire small one, or just a half if you don't like it {or if you need to hide it! but it NEEDS onion!} 1/4 cup of melted butter and then just add the boiling water while you're stirring until it all seems to mix well together. You don't want it mushy. For this much I add about 3/4 cup but only a tablespoon or so at a time.

For the recipe you'll need boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2), 4 slices of bacon, 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.

the rest is simple layering...

Dressing, chicken, dressing, bacon, cheese, dressing, chicken! Cover with foil and bake at 350*F for an hour. Serve with gravy. My kids aren't the pickiest eaters but they are 3 & 7... and they ate their entire suppers without one complaint! :)

I spent time this evening getting Ally bathed and ready for bed. You'd think I was torturing her... she HATES bedtime and it's draining on me. I handed the job over to Steve, but he was spending time with Dawson... I had bought a model Shelby Cobra for Steve YEARS ago!! like probably 10 - and Dawson found it and they are working on it together. It's a GREAT thing to see!
- The kids have also been doing a great job at keeping their room clean and they even tidied our only living space - the basement den. I'm very pleased with their efforts :)

I seriously need to bust a move with my camera :( poor thing. Steve figured out why it wasn't focusing talk about a sigh of relief! ;)

I've been working on a sock - yes another dang sock and YES! I know you can buy them cheaper and already made :P

Hoping to go have a look at cupboards tomorrow - did I mention Steve is off after tomorrow for TEN days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we're hoping to do something fun and then get to work on our new KITCHEN!!!!!!!! I'm excited! :D ;)

No comments:

About Me

I'm a 40 something year old chick taking the reins of my life.