Tuesday, March 30, 2010

picture heavy ~D's bday~

I totally should have done this in the morning or the night before but I did this before I picked up the kid's from school. Dawson says he was embarassed...




Here's this years cake...
I found a recipe online for "marshmellow fondant" I've been itchin' to try fondant, but never have, this was fairly easy to make - a pain in the butt to move to the cake, taste was "ok" {I'm not an icing lover so I tasted it but decided to scrap mine off into the compost bucket} ;)

He wanted a John Deere farm cake...
leave it to my kids to want more than simple!
here's what I came up with. (the wafer cookies were hay bales)
And after all my tribulations, the happiness on this face,
definitely made all my efforts well worth it!

6 comments:

Sassette said...

Oh Jen this turned out marvelous! So much effort and the smile on his face is so worth every minute! Love the bales of hay and the fencing...very cool!

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

thanks Lisa :) I should post the 'other' john deere cake I made a couple years ago - I was sick AND sick and tired of it! LOL

Donna said...

Wow now THAT is an uber impressive cake! I am sure D was thrilled!!

Laurie said...

WOWZER!!! that cake is amazing!! what a fun mom you are!!

Brandy Lees said...

OMG Jenn, the cake is amazing! Here I go & buy a tractor pan but I would much rather make your cake! Chase just loves pretzles too! Happy birthday Dawson!

Sherri said...

ain't you just the most creative lately! awesomeness

About Me

I'm a 40 something year old chick taking the reins of my life.